Thursday, April 14, 2011

Oral presentation review

On the presentation itself, I am generally satisfied with its outcome. I felt that we presented our ideas pretty well, though not as comprehensively as I had wanted, and we answered all the questions posted very well. Why not comprehensive? Because everyone else felt that giving too much information would make our team vulnerable to questions which we do not have the answers for, which I feel is a very valid point. Nevertheless, I feel the presentation can be more comprehensive and better, even despite the time limit.

On the time limit, we exceeded the given 20 minutes! I believe this is because we did not practice our presentation as a team, which made us less aware of the time we spent outside presenting the content of our proposal. In addition, despite not having any team practice, I did not keep watch on the time, so I was totally unprepared for when the time keeper indicated that our 20 minutes was reached.

On my personal performance, I feel that I can improve my presentation skills. One is to keep track of time, as already mentioned. I also believe there was no eye contact, because I was looking into space as usual. I also did not practice my presentation as much as I intended to, so I was not as confident of my knowledge on the proposal as I thought I would be. My confidence was also affected when Terence talked about how the PV-LED project was to be implemented, for which I was not prepared; my heart skipped a beat when he talked about it. But I was glad I was able to keep my mind alive during my presentation.

On the preparations for the presentation, I enjoyed the intensive last-minute discussions to finalise our presentation, because we really got to interact and seek each other's thoughts and suggestions. No doubt, the last-minute nature of the discussion was bad, but I believe that helped motivate us to our peak in that discussion session.

All-in-all, I enjoyed the experience of the oral presentation, as well as the team work behind the oral presentation. Thank you Terence, Aoyun and Kelvin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment